Your first visit
We try to make your first visit as stress-free as we can. On occasion we might incorporate an initial physical exam, but most often we’re simply interested in learning more about you, your history and answering any questions you might have. This initial meeting will likely last for one hour. If you are still on the fence and are not ready to commit to a full evaluation, we offer a free 15 minute assessment, which you can read more about here.
To better prepare for your first visit, here is a list of suggestions
- Bring any medical records you currently possess – these aren’t mandatory for the first visit but helpful if you can access them. If you don’t have them, perhaps now is a good time to request them from any previous providers.
- In reviewing your records, we’ll discuss your full medical history, so come prepared to discuss this, even if you do not have records with you.
- It is best for both partners to attend as our goal is to develop a ‘game plan for success’ and answer questions you both might have.
- It is best to get a babysitter rather than to have distractions at this first visit.
- A written list of questions you may have will help ensure we are able to provide answers to all your concerns.
- To save you time in the office, we have some forms you can fill out prior to your first visit:
Please do not hesitate to call us if you have specific questions or concerns about your first visit. If you are ready to schedule your appointment now, simply call 503-227-7799 or fill out our appointment form.
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions, visit our FAQ page here.